Known Relatives: Keith Kenyon (ex-husband)
Base of Operations: Keystone City, Kansas
Group Affiliation: Blacksmith’s Rogues
First Appearance: Flash: Iron Heights (2001)
Created By: Geoff Johns and Ethan van Sciver
The mysterious Blacksmith managed to stay unnoticed by the superhero community, police, and general populace of Keystone City for years, despite operating in the area the entire time. In particular, she ran “the Network,” a high-end black market for supervillains, for the last 15 years, using connections to move contraband to or from anywhere in the world. After a brief marriage to Goldface, she stole a sample of his gold elixir, altering it so that it gave her the power to merge flesh and metal.
Blacksmith planned for years to control Central and Keystone Cities, finally forming the New Rogues...only to see her plans come tumbling down against the Flash and the allies she thought had been neutralized. One bright spot for her, though, is that during this campaign the elixir finally transformed her skin into an ebony metal-flesh compound.Text by Kelson Vibber. Do not copy without permission.
- Longshot: Flash (second series) #183 (April 2002) - Scott Kolins & Doug Hazlewood
- Close-up: Flash Secret Files #3 (November 2001) - Scott Kolins & José Marzan, Jr.
- Longshot: Flash (second series) #192 (January 2003) - Scott Kolins & Doug Hazlewood
- Flash Secret Files #3 under The Rogues (November 2001)
- Flash: Iron Heights (2001), Geoff Johns
- Flash Secret Files #3 (November 2001): “Rogues,” Geoff Johns
- Flash #181 (February 2002): “Fallout,” Geoff Johns
- Flash #183 (April 2002): “Crossfire Prologue: Tricked,” Geoff Johns
- Flash #184–188 (May–September 2002): “Crossfire,” Geoff Johns
- Flash #192–193 (January–February 2003): “Run Riot” Parts 1–2, Geoff Johns