How an outdoor mall dealt with a lunchtime power outage. And some Apple observations.
- Power’s out at mall. No teriyaki bowl for me. Subway it is! (Hmm, and no iced coffee either. *sigh*) #
- Near as I can tell, the Apple store is just completely shut down. Hazards of making checkout depend on computer network, I guess. #
- For contrast, Subway just dug out a pad of paper credit card slips & did texture rubbings w/ a pen. #
- Odd: muzak is so omnipresent I didn’t notice it was still playing. Speakers must be on another circuit from the stores. #
- Turns out only some buildings have lost power. Including all the coffee except Starbucks. But Jamba Juice has power! #
- Was weird walking through mall at lunch seeing lighted stores on right & dark on left. Some stayed open, some closed, some adapted. #
- Coffee Bean mostly closed during the power outage, but set an employee out front with 2 urns of coffee. No ice, though. #