- 10 years ago I had just started working at an Internet provider and was very glad they didn’t want me in the server room at midnight for Y2K. #
- I just ordered tickets to Avatar in IMAX 3D. It actually *was* cheaper to see Xanadu on stage, even including parking! #
- Made it into Avatar. Got surprisingly decent seats considering how long the line was. We’ll miss midnight, so Happy New Year! #
- Overheard waiting for the movie: “If you lost an eye, would you get a glass eye or an eye patch?” “I’d get an eye patch and grow a beard!” #
- Argentina news warns of the dangers of Monkey Island “Grog.” (via @GreatWhiteSnark)#
- The Misney Universe at Bleeding Cool: “Our Favourite Disney/Marvel Mashups.” #
- Success downloading new Opera! Last night I kept getting mirrors sending .rpm as RealAudio, so it tried to play the installer 🙁 #
- Fox will show reruns with a Twitter ticker. Basically crowdsourced Pop-up Video (via @twitter) #
Arr! Barry Allen may not know how to celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day, but he do celebrate Jog Like a Pirate Day!
If ye be wonderin’ why this site be lookin’ strange this day, wonder no further. It be Talk Like a Pirate Day.
This day o’ pirate speak is brought to ye by the Text Filter Suite of Dougal Campbell.
Found these next to each other at Costco the other day: