(Spotted near LAX, of course.)
It appears to be an energy drink, which is kind of ironic, considering how closely Bacchus was associated with wine. On the other hand, his followers would work themselves into a frenzy.
A word of advice: If any Maenads drop by with a few cans of this stuff, run. They may look cute, but they’ll tear you apart.
Things that went through my head while watching Troy:
- That’s a bloody awful lot of ships.
- OK, so where’s Cassandra in all this?
- Gee, the way they’re portraying Agamemnon, I’m glad his wife is going to kill him when he gets home.
- That’s odd, the computer-generated orc army looked more realistic than the computer-generated Greeks.
- Ah, political context. They’re right, it doesn’t make sense to send that many soldiers just to avenge one man’s honor. There’s usually something else going on.
- Where the hell is Cassandra?
- Wait, wasn’t this supposed to take 10 years?
- Aeneas, eh? Nice throw-away line!
- Wow, this Agamemnon really is a bastard. I wish I could remember what happens to Brise– uh, waitaminute.
- Uh, what happened to Cassandra?