- Familiar yet alien ancient views of Earth – photorealistic simulations of the world as seen from space, millions of years ago.
- Comic: (Calvin and) Hobbes And Bacon and a follow-up. Awww! (Pants Are Overrated)
- WordPress 3.2 beta has dropped support for Internet Explorer 6 in the admin interface!
- Flash Gordon Does Not Have Super-Speed (a friendly reminder)
- Back in 2006, Qualcomm effectively discontinued Eudora, though they sponsored a project to extend Mozilla Thunderbird with the look, feel, and some features of Eudora. I lost track of it over the years, but it turns out they finally released Eudora OSE last September…four years later.
- Revealed: How Area 51 Hid Secret Craft. Advanced designs by humans, of course, not alien ships.
When I got in this morning I noticed that Mozilla had announced a Thunderbird 1.0.1 Release Candidate. While I was quite happy in the pre-1.0 days to help out with bug hunting (I can probably claim credit for identifying a number of problems with importing mail from Eudora’s arcane mailbox format, though I wasn’t the one who fixed them), I figured I’d pass on this and wait a few days for the final release.
A few minutes ago, this important notice popped up:
Maybe I should try out that release candidate after all…