By now, you’ve heard that Netflix is splitting their business in two: one for streaming movies over the internet, which will keep the name, and one for renting DVDs by mail, which will be called Qwikster. Here are links to several funny (and a couple of serious) takes on the situation.
- Quickster? That sounds oddly familiar…
- Webcomic The Oatmeal explains it in terms of the food service industry.
- Woot’s CEO parodies the “apology” letter by announcing Crapster.
- Interesting theory at ZDNet: Splitting off the DVD business sets up Netflix to be bought by Amazon without subjecting Amazon to sales tax requirements in all the new states where they (used to) have shipping centers.
- Netflix and studios compared to grocery stores and dairy farms (Me at Google+)
- I was tempted to leave this funny Netflix comment up, but it was also spam. Good thing I’ve got @lol_spam for that: Netflix Drunk-Dialing (originally at LOL_Spam on Tumblr)