Base of Operations: Keystone City, Kansas
First Appearance: Flash v.2 #217 (February 2005)
Deaths: Suicide in Untold Tales of Blackest Night (December 2010)
See Also: Rainbow Raider
A group of seven color-themed villains who stole the Rainbow Raider’s equipment and first appeared at Captain Boomerang’s funeral. Their powers were associated with their colors: Red had super-strength, Orange was fire, Yellow had electrical and speed powers, Green manipulated plants, Blue appears to have been made of water, Indigo was shadow, and Violet controlled air and wind.
The Rainbow Raiders worked with a floating head called Computron.
The group never actually fought the Flash (though they were once trounced by the Crime Syndicate’s Johnny Quick and Power Ring disguised as the Flash and Green Lantern), or for that matter many other heroes. During the Blackest Night, when they learned that the dead were rising from their graves, the Raiders decided to be on the winning side for once and killed themselves. Since only those dead with emotional ties to Earth’s heroes were resurrected as Black Lanterns, the Rainbow Raiders stayed dead.
Text by Kelson Vibber. Do not copy without permission.
- In Battle: JLA #110 (March 2005) - Ron Garney and Dan Green
- Griping at Dusk: Flash (second series) #217 (February 2005) - Howard Porter and Livesay
- Flash #217 (February 2005): “Post-Crisis,” Geoff Johns
- JLA #110 (March 2005): “Syndicate Rules Part 4: 36 Hours: The Calm Before,” Kurt Busiek
- Untold Tales of Blackest Night (December 2010): &8220;Deleted Scene from Blackest Night,” Geoff Johns