Occupation: Police Officer
First Appearance: (mirror universe) Flash (second series) #164 (September 2000); (“real” world) Flash (second series) #170 (March 2001)
See Also: KCPD
Officer Chyre has been with the Keystone police for over 35 years. He’s good at his job, but has a serious problem with anger which has resulted in several suspensions and kept him, until recently, “the only 58-year-old beat cop on the force.”
When he first started, his partner and mentor Joe Jackam taught him everything the academy left out. So when Joe’s granddaughter, Julie, became a cop, Chyre offered to take her on as his partner and return the favor. When Julie was killed, not in the line of duty but in her own home, Chyre insisted on being part of the investigation. Chyre and detective Jared Morillo located the previously-unknown Cicada cult and helped the Flash take down their leader.
Chyre’s temper has, over the years, led to no one wanting to work with him. Morillo’s arrogance and smugness turned people away from him immediately. Based on their work on the Cicada case, and figuring they could straighten each other out, their captain created the Department of Metahuman Hostilities and assigned them to work as partners. Their initial dislike for each other has thawed to a grudging respect.
Chyre is also determined to take care of Julie’s infant son Josh, going so far as trying to adopt him.Text by Kelson Vibber. Do not copy without permission.
- Flash (second series) #171 (April 2001) - Scott Kolins and Doug Hazlewood
- Flash Secret Files #3 (November 2001)
- Flash #164–167 (September–December 2000): “Wonderland” Parts 1–4, Geoff Johns (alternate universe)
- Regular from #170–230 (2001–2006)
- Gotham Central #29–31 (May–July 2005): “Keystone Kops, Parts 2–4,” Greg Rucka
- The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #2 (September 2006): “Lightning in a Bottle Part 2: Origins,” Danny Bilson & Paul DeMeo
- The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #3 (October 2006): “Lightning in a Bottle Part 3: Night of the Griffin,” Danny Bilson & Paul DeMeo
- The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #5 (December 2006): “Lightning in a Bottle Part 5: Missing in Action,” Danny Bilson & Paul DeMeo
- Final Crisis: Rogues’ Revenge #1 (September 2008), Geoff Johns